However , we need to take emergency steps to reduce the spread of the virus. We need as many people as possible to avoid sending their children into school. This will protect children and staff.
NHS staff, emergency service staff and key workers, we are proud to stand shoulder to shoulder with you and welcome your children into our schools, providing meals, education, entertainment and support.
To other parents please support us. We have already had incidents where our staff have been abused. So let me be clear about the line I have asked my staff to take and some examples:
- NHS staff-Key workers
- Fire service, Social care, Police, Care homes etc- Key workers
- Supermarkets, Food warehouses or transport for food- Key workers
- Farm workers, Vets, ect- Key workers
- Delivery staff, Postal workers, Pharmacy staff- Key workers
- Utility Staff, Electric, Gas, and Water.
NOTE- Even those above may be able to look after their children if their shift patterns allow or their partners work from home or is not a key worker.
Examples of non-key workers;
- McDonalds, Costa takeaway, Greggs, etc- not key workers. The chains can make adjustments to shift patterns. Takeaways are not essential, especially when we are asking as many people to stay at home as possible.
- Retail, NOT related to food
- Builders and construction workers- NOT key workers unless directly working in critical areas as listed in the key workers criteria above. (Building hospitals, repairing railways ect)
Please understand, this is emergancy support. If we want to maintain this and reduce the spread of Covid-19 we need your help and support.
Teachers and staff are worried. They don't have protective masks ect, so if you, your child or others are ill- stay at home. Isolate and follow medical advice.
DO NOT under any circumstance send your child to school.
School BlogClick here to visit our school blog.
Part of the Red Kite Learning Trust, Whitkirk Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All appointments are made subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
Thank you for your interest in our school. All vacancies at Whitkirk are now listed on the Red Kite Learning Trust’s website. Please click on the link below to view our current vacancies: http://www.rklt.co.uk/