Whitkirk Primary School
Templegate Walk, Leeds, West Yorkshire LS15 0EU, United Kingdom
Phone: 0113 260 6203 and ask for Denise Bosworth, the Office Manager.
* Provision in the early years is effective. Leaders ensure that children get off to a good start in all that they do and are well prepared for Year 1.
* The leadership and teaching of phonics is effective. Most pupils reach the required standard by the end of Year 1.
* As a result of effective teaching and leadership, pupils who have special educational needs and/or disabilities achieve well.
* Parents, carers and staff hold the school in high regard. They are supportive of the recently appointed headteacher and other school leaders.
* Most pupils behave well. They show respect and tolerance for staff and one another. Pupils are happy and safe because of the support they receive from adults.
Click here for our Ofsted Report - May 2017
To view the report on the Ofsted website, click here
At Whitkirk Primary School pupils will be assessed against key assessment criteria which reflect the National Curriculum end of year expectations. Progress against the end of of year expectations will be closely tracked across every year group and the information will be used to inform provision and monitor the progress of individuals and groups of pupils. The assessment system has been developed and trialled across the Trust schools and all schools within our Trust are using the same system. This will allow us to moderate closely across the Trust and ensure that our judgements are accurate.